I’m going through a bit of a tough time at the moment, so being nominated for The Liebster Award by both Shannon from MSnubutterflies and OCD Meets MS put a smile on my face. It is lovely being recognised by fellow bloggers and I highly recommend that you check out both of these wonderful MS blogs.
- Thank the person who nominated you and tag him or her in your post
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a ‘widget’
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you and list 11 Random Facts About Yourself
- Provide rules for accepting the award (cut and paste this section into your own post)
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers you enjoy (ideally with 1000 or fewer followers) and inform them of their nominations
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post
Here are my answers:
1.Do you read several books at the same time or one at a time?
One at a time, when I have the energy to read! Once I get into a book I can’t put it down, if it is a good one 🙂
2. What makes you break into your ‘happy dance’?
The kids being nice to each other, cosy time at home and a glass of red wine
3. Describe yourself in 3 words
Emotional, kind, glass-half-full (I am making that into one word!)
4. What do you wish outsiders understood about the struggles you are facing right now?
That the hardest thing for me is the fact that MS has made me not me. Inside, I am still the old Jen, but my illness means that she can’t come out as much as I would like her to. And that if I am moody or quiet, this might be the reason why.
5. Where/what would you like to go/do that you have not yet explored/done?
Go to Australia to see my sister and her family. I have been before, but not since they moved out there.
6. Which of your blog posts is your favourite and why? Please provide a link.
My post A Letter to my Kids. It was one of my more emotional posts and describes exactly what I would like my children to know about the ‘me’ that they don’t know.
7. Imagine you have superpowers. What would your power be?
My superpower would be to bring tolerance to the world
8. What 3 traits do you look for in a friend?
Kindness, honesty, silliness
9. How is your life making an impact on the next generation?
In regards to my kids, I hope that I am raising children who will be accepting, understanding and kind in the face of difference and disability. They already help me so much. I also like to think that my work with kids in the NHS is helping them to achieve their potential.
10. What is your favourite colour, flower, tree, dessert?
Aqua, Peony, Maple (because I love the syrup!), Mum’s amaretto trifle (pre-OMS)
11. Coffee, tea, or???
Coffee… or prosecco
11 Random Things About Me
- I was born in Canada but moved to the UK when I was 12
- I have always been very clumsy, even before my MS
- I have had stitches 4 times and broken 3 bones as I am so accident prone
- I loved Breaking Bad
- I was really shy as a child and would go bright red in class if asked a question
- I still remember adverts and theme tunes from when I was a child
- My favourite movies are When Harry Met Sally and Life is Beautiful
- I have 2 tattoos that are hallmarks of my carefree student days
- My favourite city is Edinburgh
- I plan to donate my brain to MS research when I pass away
Please have a read of these great blogs, I am helped so much by reading about others’ experiences:
My Questions (some adapted from above!):
Winter, spring, summer or autumn?
Which of your blog posts is your favourite and why? Please provide a link.
City or country?
Favourite place that you have travelled?
How to you ‘chill out’?
Dogs, cats or other (or none!)?
If you celebrate the upcoming holiday season, what are your plans?
What is your happiest memory?
Thanks for reading 🙂